The following is an excerpt from the Terms and Condition of the Duo Classic. The full Terms and Conditions can be found here.
REFUND POLICY: If the Entrant Withdraws from the Event or Entry Refused
17. WITHDRAWAL OF ENTRY Entrants may request to withdraw from the Event as individuals or to withdraw their team entry. All refund requests must be made in writing or by email to email@example.com and be received prior to the scheduled refund cut-off dates. All refunds will be by direct bank deposit within 14 days of receipt of request.
a. I agree that a maximum of 90% of my Event entry fee will be refunded if I withdraw from the Event on or before 31 October 2015.
b. I agree that a maximum of 50% of the Event entry fee will be refunded if I withdraw from the Event between 1 November 2015 and 31 December 2015
c. I agree that no entry fee will be refunded if I withdraw from the Event after 31 December 2015.
18. ENTRY REFUSED I agree that if I am refused entry to the Event after payment has been made, and before 31 December 2015, I will be refunded a one-rider proportion of the team entry fee and that this refund amount is the limit to which the Organiser is liable.
19. UNUSUAL CIRCUMSTANCES In certain unusual or compassionate circumstances, the Organiser may consider refunding an Event entry fee less a $20 administration fee after 31 December 2015. Applications, supported by medical certificates or the like, must be emailed to the Organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org and received by the Organiser before 14 February 2016. The decision of the Organiser is final.
REFUND POLICY: If the Event is Delayed, Postponed, Modified or Cancelled
20. EVENT START TIME The event is deemed to have started at the advertised Event Start Time for the Race Briefing, on Saturday 30 January 2016. No refunds will be given if the event is delayed, postponed, modified or cancelled after this start time.
21. DELAYED, POSTPONED, MODIFIED, OR CANCELLED EVENT The Organiser, in its sole discretion, may delay, postpone, modify, or cancel the Event if it believes the conditions on the race day are or will be unsafe for any reason, including but not limited to acts of God or the elements (including without limitation, wind, water, rain, hail, hurricane, tornado, earthquake), acts of terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labour difficulty, work stoppage, insurrection, war, public disaster, flood, unavoidable casualty, race course conditions, withdrawal of land access permissions, or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser.
22. TRANSFER OR REFUND OF EVENT ENTRY FEE If the Event is delayed, postponed, modified, or cancelled prior to the Event Start the Organiser will offer entrants the choice of transfer of entry to a re-scheduled event or a 100% refund of any participant race fees. The Organiser accepts no liability for any other costs incurred by participants in connection with the event.
Insuring against these other costs is the sole decision and responsibility of the participant.
TRANSFER OF ENTRY BY PARTICIPANT
23. I agree that I may transfer my Event entry fee to another rider without penalty but there will be no refund given if transferring to a shorter distance category. If transferring to a longer distance category the extra amount of the new category fee must be paid. I agree that I will notify race organisers by email email@example.com with the details of any transfer of entry immediately they come to hand.
EXCLUSION FROM THE EVENT
24. The Organiser reserves the right to exclude any participant from the Event, for reasons including, but not limited to:
a. Failing to comply with the Organiser’s directions;
b. Failing to comply with MTBA Code of Conduct;
c. Failing to comply with MTBA Anti-Doping Policy;
d. Not being, in the opinion of the Organiser, in a fit state to participate;
e. Being un-financial or owing monies to CA or MTBA unless an alternative arrangement has been made.
f. For any reason determined by the Organiser, which determination shall be deemed reasonable.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ THE TERMS and CONDITIONS including ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND THAT IT HAS BEEN EXPLAINED TO ME, AS REQUIRED. I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS AND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT. I HAVE SIGNED THE DOCUMENT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE OR OTHER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.